New components: MN3005, MN3007, VTL5C3/5C6, plus new ICs and transistors
We’re adding a few new components to our store this weekend.
- Xvive MN3005: The classic (and extremely expensive) analog delay chip, used in the BOSS DM-2 and EHX Memory Man.
- Xvive MN3007: A 1024-stage BBD most commonly used in chorus pedals such as the EHX Small Clone.
- Xvive VTL5C3: Classic vactrol used in tremolos such as the Tremulus Lune and compressors such as the Flatline Compressor.
- Xvive VTL5C6: Fast-response vactrol used in some compressors such as the Pigtronix Philosopher’s Tone.
- 2N5088: High-gain, low-noise NPN transistor, but discontinued a few years ago. NOS Fairchild in original factory packaging.
- TL071CP: Single version of the TL072, used in the Crowther Hot Cake as well as several Pete Cornish designs such as the SS-3, ST-2 and CC-1.
- JRC4559D: Slightly improved version of the JRC4558D, discontinued a few years ago Most notably used in the Timmy.
- NE5532P: Low-noise op-amp best known for use in the Lovepedal/Hermida Zendrive as well as the Runoffgroove Tri-Vibe.
- LM358P: Low-current op-amp that works well in LFOs in circuits like the EHX Small Clone and for envelope detectors in circuits like the Lovetone Meatball and Cornish OC-1 Optical Compressor.
- Bourns 3362P trimmers in several values. This is the form factor we use in all of our projects.
Nothing ground-breaking, although the Xvive chips in particular have had frequent times of scarcity during the past year, so we’re happy to help improve availability for builders. Plus, it ratchets up the pressure for us to finish a few analog delay projects that are currently underway!
Speaking of projects underway: we have a very exciting pair of releases planned for this coming Saturday, 5/20, so keep an eye out. If you follow us on social media you can probably guess what’s coming. Yes, we’re finally on the home stretch with these—and we’ve got a few other surprises to go along with them.